RIVER USE RULES
All persons using a boat, canoe, kayak from this livery are advised that, pursuant to Public Act 183 of 2006, an owner of a non-motorized livery boat is not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a user of the non-motorized livery boat resulting from a risk inherent in the use or operation of a non-motorized boat.
Risks inherent in the use or operation may include but are not limited to:\
- Wave or other water motion
- Weather Conditions
- Malfunction of equipment
- Action of boat operator
- Failure to use or wear a personal flotation device
- Number of persons in the boat in excess of maximum number approved for the livery boat.
- Contact or maneuvers necessary to avoid contact with another vessel, man-made object, dock, sand, vegetation, or other objects in or near the water.
Paddle at your own risk!
Be aware that:
- Foot protection is recommended.
- Use of alcohol is strongly discouraged and or prohibited.
- Paddling while intoxicated is a criminal offense.
- The State of Michigan prohibits all glass containers.
- Littering carries a fine of up to $400.00